Friday 15 June 2012

The come-back

Okay...yes, I have been slacking!!! It's already mid-2012 and I am here...thinking what to blog about. I remember the times where I could just blog without staring at the screen. I wonder what happened. Nevertheless, like my bestie, Nick's favourite phrase when it comes to blogging...."I will TRY to blog".

As a back-to-blogging post, I will briefly touch on what has happened to me in the past 6 months and lessons I've learnt. May I highlight the word...BRIEFLY =) If you know me well, you will know I have a lot to talk/type about.

It wasn't easy settling back to the way things are as I have been gone for 4 years. No, I am not being cocky and turning English...I am still very much Malaysian. It is hard to explain the changes that I am going through to people who have not been there and done that. Furthermore, I have been all by myself those 4 years and it pretty much gave me the freedom to do anything and everything my way. Being back home, there are many more things to be considered...relatives, family, friends, society, past/present/future employers, criminals and yeah..you get my drift. Well, criminals because I can't carry my handbag out without having a spasm from clutching my handbag too hard! *drama queen mode-back hand on forehead* Oh the psychological and physical trauma!!!

Anyway, I was pretty much ready to run away from the reality of being here...but I snapped out of it and realized that reality is reality....and I will have to face it. It can't be that bad...right? Well, let's see...I've been in a brief employment with ABC company and in a super brief relationship with DEF guy (least it's a guy, I think). Yeah, it's been awesome!!! Having said that, I am grateful that I am where I am today and having what I have. I am starting employment with a company next week doing what I REALLY want to do and I have pretty much gave up on investing my time and efforts on anyone within the male population. Yes, it took me through a bumpy ride but I am glad I arrived safe. There is way much more things in my life that is worth investing my time...especially for myself =)

I recently met a few individuals and they were people who made me realized that I am wasting my youth! You only live every year once and it's irreversible (duh)!!! It is so important to set your goals right and go for it. Some of us might just figure it out ourselves but some of us might need that guidance or that one friend to push us to do something different...something MORE. I might be a late starter to have a resolution list but at least I am starting it...like the old saying, better late than never. And yes, continue blogging consistently is definitely on the list!!! So, stay tuned!!! xoxo

No comments: