Friday 18 September 2009

Double news =)

Yesterday it was my brother's Birthday. Happy 23rd Birthday! LOL! Kinda slow in updating blogs but I did celebrate with him =) Thanks to the jet lag (external LOC =p), I totally forgot his birthday was coming up in the next two days! That was on Tuesday. I went to the gym and with the excellent treadmill that could only go up to 4.9km/h max, I fast walk and could actually write and draw at the same time! So I took down notes on what to do and how to do it in two days!

Everything planned out so next step, get the venue. I know who his boss was but I don't have his number. I remember my brother gave me his name card. I called up his office and enquire =p Venue sorted! Next, food! Special thanks to Nick and Su Yee for accompanying me to MV to get the stuff.

The day of his Birthday, he went out to work at 8ish (I assume). I woke up at 9.30am and head towards the kitchen to begin. Ohh before that, the night before I slept at 3.30am just to finish his "Happy 23rd Birthday" sign =p So yes, cooking...just 10minutes in and the gas went out on me! *ROAR* Luckily there was a spare gas tong! One problem...how on earth to change the head?! Gas is deadly if mishandled! And no, I am not ready to die! Hence, *riiiiiiing* Nick =p Thank you so much babe for flying to my place after my call! LOL! Food done!

I was a little behind time with all the cooking but it seemed okay. Got his colleagues to kick him out of the office while we quickly set up the place. Then we were waiting for him to come in and get surprised himself =p the video is proper funny! He did looked blurr: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=136009778999&subj=532728999

It was all good. Thanks to everyone for making it happen =) Special thanks to Nick (yes, again) for helping me out so much! You're the best bud a person could ever have! =)

*******************************
That aside. Yesterday I was also busy sending out emails and application forms for jobs. Yes, I have started after just a week here. Today, I got a call from Children's Technology Workshop =) I was invited for an interview tomorrow! Wheeeeeeee! Wish me luck! =) I have always wanted to work in an environment with children and youths as I am planning to take my Masters in Child Psychology or Youth Counseling.
It struck me how important initiative is....which lack in many these days. People, especially university students or fresh graduates should take the initiative to plan their future. Yes, live life as it is but planning a few years ahead is important too. Imagine having a life in the future but lack finances or shelter...hmm not a pleasant sight. Then again, I am not saying you have to bust your as$ for a million dollar making job before you can enjoy. Enjoy and have fun but at the same time make sure you have something standby for emergency use. Being at 20, I feel that it is so important to be prepared for my future. Everything is getting more and more expensive (A bottle of Nutella cost RM23!!! I can't get over that!)!
Sometimes it makes me feel sad to see people around me, friends, who have absolutely no idea what they want in life. Just living by the day itself, having debts, depending entirely on loans, have a part-time job that is no way related to their future career. It is just sad. Maturity, exposure and initiative is so important!
"I wish you knew what you want. I wish you knew I wanted to help. I wish you knew how important your future is. Then again, they are all my wishes"

No comments: