Thursday 24 September 2009

Optimistic pessimism?

My first interview went well. It was a full time job thou...as in one day off in a month kind of job. Well, I am not sure if I am able to commit myself to a full time job as yet but I would definitely be glad if I would be given the opportunity to engage in an environment with children =) After all, I might go into Child Psychology in future. I am still awaiting the confirmation from my first interview and we'll see how it goes. Other than that, another interview from another teaching center is coming up...Monday! We'll see how that will turn out =)

Yesterday another interesting happened. I came back from a date *cough* with a friend and as I entered the elevator, two lady was in there with me. One of them said to me "Oh I was just admiring your hair. Is it real?" and I replied "Oh thanks. Yeah it's real". Basically she asked if I would be interested to earn some money at the mean time. Would you say no?! LOL! Well she lives in the same block as me and yeah, I gave her my mobile number. LOL! I hope it is what I think it is but at the same time...good things don't happen that easily. Optimism with a slight hint of pessimism.

Having to battle out pessimism with optimism is never easy. Things happen out of our intentions and as much as we would like to stop doing that stupid ridiculous thing, a certain part of us just do not have the will power to over come that pessimism. People around us could only advice us and remind us what we are getting ourselves into, we have to take charge from there. Do I have the will power to change something I know is wrong and make it right? I honestly do not know.

Ever been in a state whereby you think you knew it all and that you could control yourself to do what is right but you just couldn't when you are in that situation? Yeah, it certainly feels horrible. Never been in that situation? Well, imagine if you're given a chance to give your love and care to someone, would it be on 5 needy children or on your prince charming. Who would you plant your tlc on? People out of that situation might think that it is wiser to give it to 5 needy children than on one person. If you have a prince charming, would you sacrifice all your tlc for THE ONE and give it to 5 other strangers? If you say yes, who are you kidding?! Like...honestly?!

I've learnt that life's not a bed full of roses, somewhere in the bed of roses is a mistake one made...a thorn left to hurt us to remind us that we are in the real world. Never to assume that there is no thorns left in the bed of roses made for us. Watch out for a thorn after indulging in the scent of a beautiful rose, to just be prepared to handle the thorn that might be hiding under the bed of roses...

No comments: