Sunday 30 August 2009

The end. Another begining.

No more waking up at 7am, swallowing breakfast in the morning, running out to catch the bus, and so on. Work is now over. Honestly, it is kind of sad...I would really miss it. Despite all of the above, I still like that job. Anyway, I was given a little farewell! We had Victorian sponge cake with strawberries, Chocolate log, and Lemon Cupcakes. It was DELICIOUS! Really thoughtful. My manager gave a little speech and said I had been a 'STAR' =) Awwwww.

Right after work that day, I had to rush to Bonda Cafe, a Malaysian Restaurant to buka puasa with the rest. Lately I have been really close with my housemates and the 'Wood Green Gang'. LOL. Wish I moved in earlier. Anyway, we all had our dose of Malaysian food (totally yummeh but mahal!) and then we decided to...do something.

That night, I polluted my lungs. LOL! We went to Marble Arch/Edgware...a street full of night life. That whole street is filled with Arabian Restaurants and....Shi-Sha =p Yes, I did it! I was freaking scared to begin with but EVERYONE was smoking, even the most innocent girl smoked! Hence, peer pressure la...LOL! (High external LOC! =p) We had three Shi-ShaS for 10 of us but one didn't smoke at all, he had migraine. So the 9 of us shared Apple, Grape, and Mixed Fruit flavoured Shi-Sha. I don't know how many puffs I swallowed! Meaning, no smoke came out when I take in. It take quite some time for me to learn. LOL! It was really fun but I didn't feel anything (supposed to feel 'high' I heard?!) =.=

Anyway, we were there smoking till pass midnight...again, we had to run to catch the last train (yes, it happened before...with the same group of friends =p). When we heard the announcement about the last train arriving, we raaaaaan like a bunch of hooligans...actually, everyone there was running. LOL! If we missed the train, I have no idea what bus or how many buses to take to get back home! We never learn =p Then we reached the tube station nearby our house. To get to our house, we need to pass by Asda. So we went in as we needed to get ingredients for kuih raya. We shopped at 1am in the morning till 2am =.= walked 15minutes in the freezing cold weather back home. Then I Sahur-ed with my housemates. I was so hungry that I cooked maggie goreng at that hour!

Yesterday (Saturday) we woke up at 12pm and started preparing the kitchen. Kak Zela was VERY prepared. She had her laptop and speakers ready in the kitchen. When we were about to start, the songs were about to start too...when it begin, Fuh~ Semangat Hari Raya! LOL! Kak Zela played Hari Raya songs and 'Balik Kampung' songs. It totally reminded me of Kamdar in Malaysia during this season. LOL! Anyway, we made LOADS of cookies. I think few hundred Almond London cookies, three dozen peanut butter cookies, Mexican buns (aka RotiBoy), and a huge butter cake. I swear, it would make a great commercial for Malaysia. The ladies of different races in PJs baking Raya cookies with Raya songs. So the muhibah! LOL!

Pictures soon to come =) Hanni is going back tomorrow =( The house will not be the same without her. I will be flying back to Malaysia in 10days...and I haven't packed a thing! Sei lorh!!!!!!

No comments: