Sunday 30 September 2007

British chicken...

Yesterday I took a trip to central London with my friends. We went to meet up with Ching's brother as we needed his help to open a bank account. We took a bus from Ponders End that cost us 1pound to Oakwood underground tube station. Then we took a tube to Leicester Square which cost us 3.50pounds. And we are there! LOL! Then we took a fair walk to the HSBC bank and opened an account. To my surprise, their banking staffs are kinda blur! They all give customers different information. I guess it is not like Malaysia where it is essential for you to know your product before selling it. Anyway we succeeded in finally getting a bank account which is great! LOL! Then we went to have our lunch at Subway =) I know...It sounds expensive but it is only 1.99pounds for a 6" so it is worth it =) Then we took a short walk to China town! LOL! They had all kinda stuffs! They have KAYA (My fave but didn't buy because I still have 2 bottles of jam!), Milo, all kinds of packet sauce from Lee Kum Kee and they even have Durian!!! It cost like 18pounds per kg! LOL crazy! But it was fun having to look around =) Then I went back to cook my dinner. I made rice with ABC soup. The chicken drumstick was not cooked! Sad! There is the EWW-Y blood taste. The chicken blood is still leaking from the bone after the meat is cooked. I quickly took off all the meat and disposed the blood gushing bone! Filling meal!

Today we stayed in to rest. We went to do our laundry which cost 2pounds for washing and 1pound for drying. As it was a Saturday, most people do their laundry so it was kinda full. So we went to check if there is space for us. On the way back from the laundrette to Ching's room, me and Ching saw something discussting! On the pathway, there is a USED CONDOM lying on the floor! EWWWW!!!!!! Then we started to walk faster and we saw ANOTHER!!!! WTH!!! Get a dustbin! LOL! Now you should understand why the culture shock! LOL! Ergh! Don't want to think about it! Anyway after getting our laundry done, we went back to make our own dinner. I made stew! I don't know if it is just me but the British chicken drumstick is real hard to cook! I was boiling it for an hour but there is still blood! Another thing that I would EWWW about! EWWW! It sucks! Don't be surprise I turn vegetarian! LOL!

No comments: