Friday 18 July 2008

Fleshy Mel finds fun on fifth day of work!

My fifth day at work and I finally have time to post something up. So much to say but so little time. So many pictures to post but no time at all! LOL! The past few days have been an adventure for me! Working 9am till 6pm is already tiring enough but I went out straight after work till late night, either shopping, visiting my grandma or out eating with my gang a.k.a. homies...LOL! Just had a steamboat buffet feast last night! If you ask me how's work? Well, there's definitely ups and downs. Monday to Wednesday are the busiest days as there are trainings held here in this tiny office! Thursday and Friday is calm and easy...lol!

The only thing that I sympathize in this office is the photocopier. Poor thing! I've been working really hard but it beats me! I have been photocopying a lot and I meant A LOT of documents and materials. Not to mention, the photocopier we have could be classed as a "senior citizen"! So basically, after every 10-20 pages, it gets jammed! Like a human in the late adulthood, all kinds of problems start kicking-in. Most of the time it's paper jam. Then the photocopier technician have to come in to 'cure' the antique machine. He comes in on average, 3 times a week! LOL! So basically, I've been pushing buttons on the photocopy machine, punching holes and putting the papers in files, data entry, more photocopying, re-organizing the files on the shelves (Yeay! I get to unleash my passion for interior deco! Bwahahaha! Okla, not that I have superb talent but I like =p).

My colleagues are really nice and we have a 'kakak' who constantly boils water for us just in case we want to make a hot drink and she washes the cups, mugs and cleans the office. She's really nice too...I drank water in a glass and when I wanted to wash it, she didn't allow me to because "my hands will get wet" (no, I'm not hydrophobic)! She ask me to put it down (in the sink) and she will wash it. However, yesterday she kind of freaked me out a little...she told me she sold her radio to someone and the radio kicked her mouth. Once, twice and her front tooth dropped off...hmm.

Lessons learnt so far:
1. Make sure you work in an office that keeps up to date with the latest technology (especially the photocopy machine!)
2. Handle papers with care to avoid paper cuts (only had one-on my first day)
3. Never be alone with the 'kakak' in a room!
4. Regretted wearing 4inch heels on my first day so dress appropriately. Comfy is the priority and not physical appearance (yea right! It'll be a miracle if I learn that! =p)

After work plans: Enjoy the jam and head to Borneo Ink for an appointment to get another tattoo =D

No comments: