Saturday 7 March 2009

Banana Madness!

Today is the Banana Madness event! I am currently with Junction 49, volunteering to help out in all kinds of awareness campaigns. Recently they're trying to create an awareness for Fairtrade Goods. Hence, they are buying fairtrade bananas from shops and giving them out to people for free. Also, they're trying to break a record too for the most bananas eaten within 24hours =) The current record is a million. No, we are not the only one doing this! We are combining our numbers with other people from different Uni as well. Me and Abhi are the project leaders of this event and unfortunately, the ONLY wo-manpower too! Yes, damn indeed!
We arrived and had three boxes of these bananas waiting for us in the store room. I couldn't carry even one box! It's THAT heavy!
(estimated 13-15bananas in each bag, each box=14/15bags)
I had to run all over Uni to find places to stick these poster up!
Apparently the caretakers were told to rip off any posters around Uni to make the Uni look more professional =.= After loads of running around, I managed to find a suitable place to stick it up, undisturbed!
The balloons to make it...'pop'?!
The task of individualizing bananas =)
When I was taking a break from running around the whole place giving out bananas because people just won't approach the "FREE bananas" booth!After hours of talking and giving out bananas, I had lunch=) Seared tuna with mango bits, some greens, broad beans and roasted new potatoes.
At the booth. I love the tee thou, so cute!
Yes, I'm wearing a yellow mini, a gold sequin head-band and gold nails too =p dress for the occasion!
Support fairtrade goods y'all!
Abhi, my partner in banana-giving (sounds weird but you get me =p)
Came back with some bananas and made banana pancakes for dinner!
My honey crystallized so I garnished it with chocolates and butter. LOL!
Overall, it was a DAMN tiring day but totally fun! Managed to get (damn, I didn't count!) about 250-300 names and signatures for the record and gave out the rest of the bananas! Had a chance to talk to hundreds of people and all of them were really nice =) Will definitely do it again...when time permits. LOL! Oh shoot! I left something in the oven!
Tadaa~ It is crunchy at the top and moist in the middle! Woot!
Banana and sultana cake =)
I am not showing off but OMG, this is SOOOO good!
You can really taste the bananas and the best bit have to be the top, it's crispy! Considering I don't have a whisk, a measuring cup, a kitchen scale, lemon juice (as the recipe called for) and adding vanilla essence (as the recipe DID NOT called for) AND it turned out this way?! Totally satisfied! If only you guys were here to try this out =( LOL! I'm crashing to bed!

No comments: