Monday 6 April 2009

Food facial!

I did something crazy a minute ago...and I decided to share my craziness with everyone. LOL! Technically, it is not THAT crazy but it is...unusual. Few posts back I did mention that I am desperate for a facial?! I went to Asda couple of times to get the mud mask but it's always out of stock =.= Hence, I decided to do my own 100% natural fooooood facial. Yes, I don't just eat it...I play with it too! LOL!
1. Make a cup of English tea and save the tea bag.
2. Wash face with your everyday cleanser.
3. Pour boiling water in a wide surface bowl and drop tea bag in it. Put your face over the bowl (make sure your face is about 3cm away from the hot tea), careful not to scald your face. Take a small towel and cover over your head. The heat from the tea help open up pores and gives you a nice relaxed feeling. Stay under the towel for about 15mins. (Syok giler!)
4. Exfoliation. Because this has been sitting in my kitchen cupboard, I decided to use it! You could use sugar if you don't have baking soda.
Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with couple of drops of water into a thick paste. Gently massage all over face, focusing on oily areas (i.e. Nose, T-zone). As the pores are now open from the tea-sauna, the exfoliation process would be more effective. Goodbye...ewwie yuckie stuffs! LOL! Rinse your face with warm water after. *Careful to not over scrub your face or you might irritate it.
5. Mask time! Mash half a banana with two tablespoons of plain yogurt (I happen to have that in my kitchen).
Mix evenly to a paste consistency. Mine was rather watery but still not too bad.
6. Apply! LOL! Looks funny but don't laugh larh! Sharing facial tips with you owh-kay! =p
7. Lay down relaxed, with your favourite music on. (I know it looks wrong but it doesn't smell wrong) Set timer for 15minutes or roughly after 4-5songs =p Get up and wash it off. Make sure you wash off properly before the ants and cockroaches give you a kiss at night (applicable in Malaysia only, no bugs here =p).
8. Dab dry face with towel and apply your everyday toner and moisturiser.
Look at my syok face =D (This is not a lala pose!) My face looks fairer right?! No photoshop tricks! Not just fairer but it feels smoother and softer too! Knowing I do not have the best skin complexion, this is one good remedy! Will try to do this at lease once a week (TRY la =p I don't always have banana and plain yogurt in my kitchen!). Ignore the eye bags! I have been sleeping late these few days =( I will try something for eye bags soon =p Oh I heard tea bag works...and also sliced potato. Hmmm...
Back to dissertation!!!
(Hope this post brightens your day...I'm sure you guys are LYAO- laughing your ass off!)

No comments: