Sunday 10 June 2007

Buffet and...Floods?!

I just got back from a buffet dinner at Seri Pacific Hotel (formerly known as Pan Pacific hotel)! Ate madly...kinda =p It was a great dinner after such long time on a low carb diet =p I had fresh (and raw) oysters, really fresh prawns, assorted veges, beef, catfish, ulam (first time and it is not bad actually), owh and erm malaysia's version of escargo!!!! You'll usually see it at malay stalls. It was an interesting experience trying to suck the 'snail' out! Yes, it is cooked! LOL! I ate a lot more...don't think I want to list all, won't have enough space =p Well I ate all in small portions =) I even had fondue! LOL! Yum Yum...!

Anyway that was not the main reason I decided to post this considering that I should be in bed by now! LOL! I was stuck in the jam in KL due to floods! After dinner, we were stuck in the car for almost an hour in the jam! The Klang River was over flowing and also Gombak River over flowing! It is the scariest experience ever! I always pass by the rivers and the water level was like 3-4meters below the road level! Now it is over flowing!!! The water even ran out to the roads and lots of cars were stuck in it! In fact, many cars broke down! Causing more jam! Ambulance buzzing away and toll trucks too! Everyone is putting pressure on their car hons and the policemen were blowing the whistles and shouting "Sabar larh!!!" (as if Malaysians can) LOL! Anyway, be thankful you're at home reading this...LOL! Read about the floods in the news tomorrow! Some experience I'll never forget!

No comments: