Sunday 10 August 2008

Trip to fruit orchard

Updates! Yesterday we went to Hulu Langat...to my mum's friend's orchard. Great place! I've been there many times but I've not taken pictures before so this time, (with my 5mp cam phone =p) I managed to snap couple of pictures...well, a lot of pictures! LOL! This time, we went with my boss as well so it was fun...one reason being...
This is how he eats a mangosteen...cut it in half and use a fork to fork the flesh out =.=" Well, at least he knows how to eat it the right way now =)
Delicious! From the trees outside!
My all time favourite! Rambutans (aka hairy fruit)!
Plenty more on the trees!
Sweet skinned and seeded jackfruit
Many many more jackfruits!
Me and mum with a rambutan tree
Pears? Guess again...Avocados!!! Didn't know they can grow in our weather!
Spot the fruit?
Yeap! Imagine a lot of this on that three! (Durian, "King of fruits")
"Challenge is by choice - failure is only when you stop trying"
The obstacles at the soon-to-launch camp site
Coffee beans (Did you know coffee beans have gender too? Males are more aromatic than female beans..sheesh! Sexist!)
'Cat whiskers' plant
Ginger plant...smash the leaf and you can smell ginger
'Fish tail' plant.
This is dedicated to my Uncle Hon in Australia. He loves nature =)
I can't remember what you call this plant...
'Pulasan'...similar to rambutans but the 'hair' is spiked up instead =p
More!!!
Peeled pulasan Fried 'sukun'...known as breadfruit...lovely!
Their swimming pool, not with chlorinated water but natural hill water! Like OMG?! I drank from the pool! (and I'm alive) LOL!
The balcony...
It takes a lot of guts to hold that fish because it was still ALIVE!!!
Fished out from the pond there.
All in all, a great trip!

No comments: