Thursday 7 August 2008

The aww-ness...

OMG OMG OMG!!! I'm having a farewell party from my current employer!!! Why am I making such a big deal over it? Hello?! I've only been working there for one month and I have a farewell =p Not to boast but...aww....how sweet?! =D Now I'm feeling the sadness as next week is my last week of work...The job was quite taxing at some point but it really gave me a whole new experience and I believe I have acquired the ability to deal with things I initially thought I couldn't deal with. What more, I met more lovely people who addressed me by my name (unlike in previous jobs where I'm only known as..."Excuse me" =p)!

I have met people there that gave me inspiration to be a even stronger, resourceful and wise individual (my gratitude to those people). I have learnt that business is something that I might be interested in in the future (yes, I'm still striving for the best for my BSc(Hons)Psychology). The laughter at work, the (kraa-t) sound of the printer, the coffee lady reminding me to make my coffee/tea/Milo once she boiled the water in the morning, the 'bloop-ing' sound of the water dispenser (I drink a lot of water!), the beeping sound of the photocopy machine indicating 'out of paper' or 'memory full', the 'tak' sound of the office door as it closes, the chit-chats of the excited people that showed up for trainings on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, the silence in the office on Thursdays and Fridays, the rii-ringing sound of the telephone and then someone will pick it up and say 'Hello, BarterXchange'...It will all be in my head and heart for quite some time =)

All in all, it's one great experience I will never forget! I have met seniors in various kinds of business and it certainly broaden my views of the corporate world. I know I have been such a drama queen (it happens when I'm under stress) the past few weeks over work but...lets say I'm being 19 =p It is true when people say academic qualifications is not all you need, but also the experience you encounter throughout your life. Believe it or not, challenges make you a stronger and wiser person...It certainly made me one =) My deepest gratitude to those people who added another year old to my mental age =D Love y'all!!! LOL!

No comments: