Friday 26 June 2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Sorry for the MIA posts. I have been busy with work and I do not really get time to relax. THANK GOD it is Friday =p However, work is not that much of a pain in the ass as I am learning a lot too =)

This short but very meaningful post (from work, during lunch) is dedicated to Michael Jackson (MJ). As you all know, he passed away. I was at SOVA training yesterday and came back about 10pm-ish. The news was on and they had live broadcast all the way from LA. I was honestly shocked! They reported that MJ has passed away due to cardiac arrest.

Then the next minute they reported that MJ might just be in a coma! *Confused* This is not a joke! Although I wasn't a crazy fan of his but some of his songs are okay. I know how some people would say that the reaction from the public towards MJ's death was over-rated and they tend to get annoyed. Honestly, I am not pretending to be a fan of his at this point but I certainly do think it is sad that someone of that many achievements is no longer alive anymore.

It makes me realize that death, no matter who is the 'victim' is, would still affect people, the public, the community, the village people who have not got a clue who they are. That is why bereavement is the most stressful thing for a human being. A sense of loss that could not be replaced.

It makes me wonder...how would I feel when celebrities I know and admire (who obviously are older than me) pass on when I am still enjoying life. Honestly, it makes me feel old. Celebrities of the generation before me are...'going'?!? It certainly does not feel nice. Love or hate MJ, he is an individual that could not be replace by anyone. For that reason, people should respect his achievements and him as a person (despite rumoured or truthful allegations), whether as a black or white person.

Expressions of gratitude to you:
For your contributions to the community, to the society,
For the emotional uplift from your songs,
For the embedded positive messages in your songs,
For voicing out on behalf of those unheard,
For the courage you instill in us to be who we want to,
May you rest in peace,
Michael Jackson.

No comments: