Tuesday 30 June 2009

Relative's 30th Pearl Anniversary.

Million apologies! I have been missing lately as my schedule is hectic like....HECTIC! Moving room is so not fun! Especially when you have 10 large boxes, 6 small boxes, 4 huge bags (black garbage bags) and also two luggage! OMG! I seriously didn't know I had that many until I counted it! LOL! Anyway, unpacking takes a lot! Not forgetting to mention the super limited space here. Anyway, I am ALMOST there...I'd like to think of it that way =p
Anyway, last Tuesday, the 23rd of June 2009 was my distant relative's 30th Anniversary...PEARL =) How sweet! They had a makan2 at Dorchester Hotel and I was invited =p I went with them straight after work so yes, it was a long day. Dorchester is a 5star hotel and obviously the place we dine in was a fine dining three-course meal. My first ever fine dining meal!!! Woot!
Some expensive champagne to begin a toast =)
Uncle Peter putting on his gift, a pearl necklace (Selfridges) on Aunty Foon's neck =) Sweet. My two handsome hunky cousins...all the way from Aussie =)
Jimmy Choos!!! I meant the background.
Our starters.
Something something asparagus soup with asparagus foam...(Whut?!)
My chosen appetizer.
Can't remember what it is called...lol! Basically it is some raw fish, trout I think...in sweet sauce and some greens.
My main course.
I think it was sea-bass?! Yeah...and in herb cream sauce with some roasted veg.
This was random. It was a complementary starters before dessert. To wash our pallets I assume?!
This is a vanilla ice cream with raspberry, pomegranate and berries sauce with a caramel stick.
My dessert.
Baked cheesecake with raspberry sorbet and raspberry sauce (the bintik2).
Last but not least, chocolates =)
Complimentary surprise chocolate cake by the chef =)
The "kids"
L-R: Lucas, Le-On, Chloe, Chi, Mel
All of us that was present.
The family.
That night was really fun. Until we drove back half way and noticed a parking ticket stuck to the windscreen =.= They actually stick it on your windscreen like a club membership sticker! So it's not surprised we didn't notice it till quite some time. Drove all the way back to take pictures of the car parked in the spot. Reached back at 1.30am...crash to bed! Had work the next day.
Today was another hectic day. Had the day off as I went to uni EARLY in the morning for training as a Graduation Marshall. Then came back and unpack my boxes...madness! My legs are about to break...and my arms are about to fall of! Went to Asda to get groceries. Being the bijak me, over bought again (in terms of weight)! I need some proper rest...and honestly, I feel a little room sick! I miss my halls! So many things I took for granted! Damn!

No comments: