Wednesday 17 June 2009

Urban Fete Party.

This is a long one but mostly pictures (I hope =p) LOL! Okay to start off, the random and super delayed food post. LOL! I don't know if I've mentioned about their sausages here...it is way different than Malaysia. Firstly, it is purely minced meat which means it is super MEATY (*hint hint* Grace =p) unlike the ones in Malaysia which are processed. The sausages in Malaysia are called frankfurters here. So yeah. I bought a pack of sausage with some herbs thing in it...lovely =) However, I have to finish it by this week before moving in to my new place in Southgate. Reason? Respect. Anyway...can't remember when but I had...
Two sunny side up, two oven baked sausages (you can fry it but baking is more healthy =p) and a random tortilla wrap.
Packed away most of my jewellery that was on display in my room (hardly wear them!) and those above are to be given away. For some reason, earrings are not my thing anymore. Maybe because I have a big hair now so it doesn't matter even if I wear them, it's hidden =s

I am super excited to tell my super long story of today's event =) I was involved in the Junction 49 project in my uni couple of months back...Banana Madness??? Rings a bell? LOL! So yes, it is a volunteering organization by TimeBank and it is super interesting. Basically we are given a chance to make a change by volunteering to conduct a project to raise awareness for anything. So today is the Urban Fete celebration where all Junction 49ers from different Universities, TimeBank staffs, and even school children were present to celebrate our achievement for the year. One word...AWESOME!
I even got a cert that was totally unexpected =p
Sadly I won't be here long, I'd certainly love to volunteer in more projects. Maybe next year =)
This is where it was held...In Proud Camden Gallery, in Camden Stables Market (a little like Pasar Seni).
The stables are pure CUTE! Super country-like.
Artistic zebra high up.
The bar. It was 'closed' until the school children leave, it resumed business.
Here, (alcoholic) drinks are the only thing that could keep a party going.
The stables are divided to couple of statement projects..this is the Share stable occupied by the Swapshop project. Basically people bring items they do not want anymore and swap it with someone else. A way to save the earth =) I wonder if it will work in Malaysia! I might try to run something like this in Malaysia *inspired*
This is the create room. I had so much fun in here! They prepared loads of recycled tote bags and fabric pens. So we are allowed to design the bags to our heart content. Yes, it is so my thing! LOL! Wish I had more time thou.
The front of my first bag...'Flower power'
The back, 'Girl power'. I am not looking down on men but just voicing out on behalf of the women who are stereotypically looked down on.
The front of my second bag...sadly, I didn't have time for the back. I wanted to write "...because she is always right!" LOL! I will do it when I have the time. Thus, this bag was not well decorated =p but you get my point! LOL!
This is the Change stable where people are given a chance to make a change and there were various posters on how people are making a change.
This is the Debate stable where people are given a chance to debate on what they think about volunteering and whether it has changed people's life or not. Overall the event was really nice...they had loads of food (didn't take picture because 'malu') and unlimited flow of drinks!
Then I was given this random card holder before I left. Oh oh oh! The event was from 1-5pm and they said there would be an after part at an 'undisclosed' venue...well until the end of this party that is. Amazingly, I had so much fun till I stayed till the end! So they told us the venue for the after party...it was in a bar opposite the Stables Market. I was with my friend, Abhi (who did the project with me) and we went to the after party.
To the after partehh!!!
Abhi.
The after party was awesome because we are given complimentary two alcoholic drinks and two soft drinks! Clearly, I only managed to drink three =p
This was the devil that got me drunk! Seriously, I was dozing off in the tube on the way back! It wasn't JUST a Corona! I had Vodka orange before that. Hence the elevated heartbeat! When I reach home, I straight away dozed off in bed! Woke up couple of hours later and made maggie mee (for supper). LOL! Anyway, the bar was a nice place too.
We have a DJ and a performer (the guy in red) both Junction 49er. The guy in red is a rapper and he wrote an album full of songs rapping about knife crime and how we should put a stop to it. Meaningful.
The view of the top balcony were we hung out. The sun was directly in my face. I felt it burning but I still sat there because...socializing marh...LOL! Wonder if I am tad bit darker!
The Stables Market from the Bar's open top seating area.
Yah, awesome view lah! And nice weather too...so the panas!
Camden is well known for it's artistic statements. Hence, I love it! LOL!
The signboards are 3D. How cool is that!
Woot!
Need I say more?!
Double woot! LOL!
Massive scorpion and trainers.
Finally, the booze started to kick in...I was damn merah! Actually I was pink due to the alcohol la but then I was malu because I was pink kan so it became red. Hence, I wasn't red due to the alcohol *denial* LOL! All in all it was great. We even made some friends...all the way from Leicester! Oh oh oh and we played this board game with them...it's called Four in a row. It filled our time there. I won twice in a row! *bangga* LOL! I think I put on weight just today...with the alcohol and all the food (chicken wraps, sandwiches, finger food, cupcake!, and FIVE choc chip cookies-it was too delicious to miss out on it!!!). Eeek!
Back to work tomorrow. Damn, forgot to make lunch. Too lazy to anyway =p Will woop something up in the morning.

No comments: