Friday 29 May 2009

When it is time to take charge.

Sometimes I wonder what is the significance of turning 21?

More responsibilities?
More challenges?
More decisions?
More obstacles?
More freedom?
More choices?

Well....
All of the above.

Because I am turning 21, maybe I have the freedom make decisions based on my choices in attempt to deal with obstacles and challenges in addition to fulfilling my responsibilities? I hope so.

I now understand why you were so pissed years ago when you were lost, thinking what to do and how to do it. I now understand why you were mad at certain people for letting you down, over and over again. It is great you find your way through with courage and determination. I hope I would too.

We live everyday for ourselves and not other people. We appreciate other people by showing support for what they want to do and not doing something against our will just because it is what they want us to do. Going against their will for our own will is not depreciation, disloyalty or disrespectful...it is the process of going through LIFE.

I believe that telling someone what to do and what not to do won't help them learn or achieve anything. It is so much like mentoring...giving people options to choose what they want to do. I used to think mentoring is like being a role model, telling people what they should and should not do. Clearly, it was a mistake. Mentoring is always for the benefit of the client, not for yourself or even for what you think would be best for the client.

I guess it is time for me to make my own decisions. There is so much to think about to the extent I am sick of thinking about it. I have heard all the words of encouragement and discouragement from people I know. Thank you for your opinions. I will take on my journey of life...

OMG so emo! Sounds like a suicide note...HAHAHA! Don't worry, I am no where near that. Anyway, I have decided! I will do it because I depend on no one and no one depend on me (for now that is). Then again, I am thankful for the choices and the freedom to make decisions =) (although it is stressing me out! pft!)

No comments: