Monday 19 November 2007

Fun day out~

Went for my usual weekend grocery shopping + exercise yesterday. It is getting real cold now! Up to -2 degrees during the day!!! Anyway, I saw these houses and thought you guys might want to see how an English house looks like...These are the ones I think looks real nice =)

This is a little country look but it is nice!

Very English, right?! Love this!

Where do students celebrate Birthdays here?! The kitchen...DUH~

Alright! Here comes the interesting part where I start to brag non-stop =p Today (Sunday), Boon Choo's church was having a Gift Day and so after church service, they have this bring-and-share lunch (Malaysian term=pot luck). She invited us over so we can try varieties of English food =) Something you might not want to miss out on =p Ching was drop dead tired so I went with Foong Mei. It was really fun! The people are very friendly! There were plenty of food left too!
Actually I did not manage to take pictures of the food before it was served so I only took some shots after (over) satisfying my tummy! Well not that I am trying to be a glutton but I want to try everything! LOL! The variety is like...buffet! I did end up eating A LOT! After lunch they served desserts! OMG! The English are well known for having desserts as an ending of a meal so it is a must kinda thing. I tried on most of the desserts...I think ALL! I shared the portion with FM thou because I am too filled with the main course =p
Quarter of the variety of what is served.

Yes! My oh-so-lovely cheese and crackers =)

Another quarter of what is served...
Boon Choo cooked the Chinese style soy sauce chicken (on the left) and in the pot, pasta with Swedish meatballs (like the ones sold in IKEA).
A lot of pita breads left...I took some back =p They say it will go in the BIN!!! I couldn't let that happen!
Part of the dessert...fruits.
The red round thing on the table is actually cheese..LOL!

Pineapple turnover and raspberry strudel.

Cute little Apple pies =)

Victorian sponge cakes (two-tiered cake with double cream and fruits filling...very well known here) and other puddings...LOL!
FYI: Puddings/English Puddings are desserts. As mentioned earlier, desserts are a must to end a meal here =) It is good in a way because I have sweet tooth...BUT...FATTENING LARH! LOL! Very rich in cream *EEK*

No comments: