Wednesday 7 November 2007

Lately...

Another day at Boon Choo's on Sunday. It was great! We had proper Chinese cuisine since we touched down on the English land! It was seriously satisfying but I felt a little shy/embarrassed as Danny was paying for it. The sweetest thing, Boon Choo remembered I love sweet and sour chicken!!! So she ordered that! Isn't she great?! LOL! We had many more dishes. They are all one serving dishes but we ordered like 5 or 6 dishes so everyone can share! I love it! Again, I have to rely on Ching for the pictures as she is the (well known) photographer here. LOL! I think the meal must have cost (a dish is about 4pounds, cheapest from the menu) a lot and it makes me feel bad in a way as they are not getting anything out of this. This makes me think that it is possible that kind souls do surround us =)

Took this while watching the fire works from my room window...LOL!

On Monday, some shitty experience happened and I do not wish to talk about it here! LOL! Thanks to those who cared =) special thanks to my flat mate too! Subo! She was so caring! As she is 28, I guess she is more motherly =) She called me before class and after class!!! Also texted me a few times to ask if I ate or bought medication. So sweet! Anyway, I am feeling better now after some consultation from Boon Choo (she's a nursing lecturer). The Internet connection was down too so I ended up looking at the fire works display out my window. LOL!


Fireworks view from my room window...I missed the part where they 'bloom' LOL!

Today I went cross-country to the supermarkets nearby =p First went to Sainsbury and then to Morrisons. Wanted to go Tesco but the plastic bags here are really thin so the Sainsbury bag is starting to rip!!! So I went back to put down my stuff first. I bought fair amount of stuffs as I went price checking at these three places. I know it sounds crazy but those few pence makes a difference in the long run =) Besides, I needed some exercise! LOL! Later part of the evening, me and Ching went to visit Boon Choo at her office. I asked if she's got any extra containers for me to store my opened food stuff. Of course she does! LOL! She's really generous! She says, "If you have any assignments or notes that you want to print, save it in your USB, bring it and I can print for you when I am here." Coolness! LOL! She's not always here as she lectures at a different campus.

This is how they party...in the kitchen (blue LEDs)! LOL! Also taken from my room window...can't help it. The blasting music was hard to ignore! This was for Guy Fawkes celebration I think but they party all the time anyway...LOL!

No comments: