Wednesday 28 January 2009

CNY eve and CNY

I had the weirdest reunion lunch ever! Reunion lunch with Ching Yee, Foong Mei and Kyle (a Honkee classmate/ drinking kaki) was set in a very traditionally decorated Chinese restaurant named Jun Peking. The lady was busy reading news paper so Foong Mei had to walk up to her and tell her our orders. Our orders came 10minutes later (very fast service) and I (and them) had the shock of our lives! Why?! Mainly because I ordered Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice but was served Sweet and Sour Chicken with Ho Fun!!! Sorry but WHO ON EARTH ORDERS SUCH COMBINATION?!

Obviously she denied taking the wrong order and refused to change it. I am not rich enough to place another order and I am ‘chin chai’ when it comes to food. Hence, I ate it. Yes, they were all feeling sorry for me. The sight of the weirdly combined dish is still (an will always be) in my head!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Ho Fun =s
Then for dinner, I had Chinese take-away again and in addition to that...banana fritters in syrup! I love the toffee banana from Jun Pecking but it is rather costly so I tried this from Fu-Do.
Huge portion and super sweet!

On Chinese New Year, it was also Foong Mei's 21st Birthday. So we bought a meal+theater deal for 22.50GBP each. Dinner at La Tasca, a Spanish restaurant and Sound of Music Musical at the London Palladium.
The weird 'family' photo with FM's cake (Ish! My eyes so sepet in this!)
La Tasca Tapas menu, each of us get to choose three.
My: Ensalada Mixta (Leaf salad with tomato, tuna, onion, and free-range egg wedges, with house dressing), Calamares Andaluza (Deep-fried rings of squid, werved with roasted garlic mayonnaise and lemon) and Albóndigas a la Jardinera (Spanish-style beef meatballs, served in a vegetable & tomato sauce) with a glass of House red wine.
The deco.
A weird painting on the wall.
We were still early for the theater and the waiter kept showing gestures of 'shoo-ing' us out! So we had to order a dessert and take our own sweet time eating it. LOL! Chocolate Fondue!!!The London Palladium.
Oh! We got upgraded! From upper circle to Royal circle =)
Okay I know this picture makes me look like a ghost, it's the lighting...I swear!
The stage and the audiences.
We are at the Royal Circle, the top (with just empty seats) were Upper Circle seats.
Cam-whore during intermission =p
Outside the Palladium.
Long day out but nice =) I am deprived of sleep!!! Roar! Oh 2nd day of CNY, I was at work =.=

No comments: