Thursday 21 February 2008

Ching's surprise party.

Yesterday night I made:

Pat Chan soup =)
My flat mate (lelaki) came in and made a comment; "I just got back and I'm so hungry!". I smiled, indicating 'lol'. I would like to offer my cooking but it is only beneficial for women...if you know what I mean =)
Ching Yee's 20th Birthday was yesterday (19.02.08) but she was at her brother's place so we did not celebrate on that day. I managed to surprise her today thou =) Indeed a fun day! Her flat mate, Joel made her a chocolate peppermint, victorian sponge cake. We got her to cut it after lunch today. She thought that was it...her sad birthday celebration with other two humans =p Later then I invited her over for dinner today because 'I cooked extra dinner' LOL! Obviously it wasn't the case. I just needed her to come over. I invited Boon Choo, Danny and Foong Mei as well and they arrived at my flat with pizza, garlic bread, roast chicken and sesame baguette. Ching made me a bithday cake so I decided to make her one =) A special one...it's called Summer delight!!! Yes, I know it is winter =p But it was really nice eaten chilled (my opinion). Anyway, the whole thing was a success. She literally flew to the other end of the corridor when we surprised her =p I have the video! LOL!

The base for the cake..basically a layer of thin sponge cake.

Ta Daa~

Used melted chocolate to write and draw..LOL!

This is what it looks like inside.
Strawberry jelly, peach slices and vanilla sponge cake.
Sorry if I'm bragging too much about the cake but I am just happy it turned out well!!! The first packet of jelly used was unsuccessful =p It's still in the frigde! LOL! This is also the first pretty cake I made since I got here and it is entirely original...I did not follow any recipe =p LOL! Anyway we took couple of pictures but it is in Ching's camera. Will upload tomorrow or something. OMG!!! Tomorrow!!! I have tutorials and workshop from 10am-6.30pm with only 30minutes break!!! Luckily it's only once!!! Better go to bed now...Selamat malam semua!

4 comments:

Aneeqa said...

sis~~ d cake soo soo nice~~ great job! teach me how to make XD

Melissa said...

LOL! Thanks! It is super easy n yummy! LOL! I'll email u the steps if u want =)

this girl said...

nice :) heehee

Aneeqa said...

XD that will be great sis~! please do send to me^^