Friday 8 February 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Gong Xi Fa Chai!!!
Went to Aunty Foon's (extended family) house for reunion dinner. They made 8 dishes: Tom Yam soup (by a Thai cook), Pak Cham Kai (steam chicken), Prawns in garlic sauce, Mixed vege, Kai Lan, Char Siew, Steamed fish, Sea-cucumber with chinese mushroom and seaweed. I baked a date cake for dessert and they had all kinds of fruits too! Longan, strawberry, persimon, plum, pineapple, grapes and of course mandrin oranges. Although I was offered wine, I did not take it =p I drank orange juice instead. LOL! Really had fun! She gave me longan, mandrin oranges and some sea-cucumber leftovers to take back too. LOVE longan!!!

As usual, new event = new nail design =p
Right hand (from thumb): Sam Fu and Chinese hat, 'Fook' character (I think), lantern, fire-crackers, clementine =)


Left hand: Chinese New Year flowers...lol!

First day of Chinese New Year, we had class =( Yes, it is sad!!! If we don't have classes, i'm sure we will be at Chinatown watching lion dance performance! LOL! Anyway, my day today is basically classes, assignment and cooking a good meal =) I made Bak Kut Teh with a packet of herbs mum brought last time. Had this for lunch and dinner...LOL! I also stir-fried some vege. Mixed bean sprouts, carrots, onions and green leafy thing =p
Mel's Bak Kut Teh.

Mixed vegetable.
Going to Oriental City tomorrow with Ching and FM. We're going to have buffet lunch!!! Yeay!!! LOL! Btw, Oriental City is THE place for stuffs you can't get in Tesco and other supermarkets. Stay tuned for updates!

No comments: