Friday 15 February 2008

Malaysian pot-luck and V-day!

It has been a busy week! Too many stuff going on! Yesterday night, we had a Malaysian pot-luck! First ever in UK for Middlesex University students! LOL! It was a blast! We all had loads of food (Msian style) and it was simply fun! It was held in Southgate, in one of the houses rented by three Malay girls =) They were really friendly. We had about 15people in total and it wasn't difficult to get there. Just a bus ride away and couple of minutes walk (something useful after such feast). I brought tuna pasta (I know it doesn't sound Malaysian but it was the easiest thing to make =p), Ching brought her oh-so-famous Victorian Sponge cake, some of the other people brought CNY cookies, cake, RED BEAN soup with sago, yogurt, karipap, fruit cocktail with jasmine jelly cubes and also mango milk with sago dessert.

From top: Nasi santan, ikan bilis and kacang, the VERY VERY VERY pedas sambal, tuna pasta, hard boiled eggs and cucumber, nasi kuning, roti jala and curry chicken, and red bean dessert (in the rice pot) LOL!

The delicious roti jala and curry chicken!!! (made by one of the host)

CNY cookies all the way from JB =p

Karipap! YUM!

Taken in the house...LOL!

Me, Ching and Veronica (Eurasian-Malaysian)
The first two to start feeding =p
Btw, I'm wearing...Kebaya-rock!!! LOL!
There are couple of group photos taken but it has not reach me yet so I guess I'll have to wait and see how horrible it turns out =p It was really fun although we went back at about 11pm and it was definately -ve degrees and it took ages for the bus to arrive! We reached Ponders End at about 11.30pm and 5 of us walked back to our flats in Ted Lewis and the other 3 back to Robbins Hall. Definately something to look forward to next month! The second pot-luck is on the 13th of March. LOL! Yes, we planned already =p
Today is another happening day. We had classes in the morning till noon. Then me and Ching had group meeting with our group members (all guys!). After the meeting, they were like:
Ed: Let's go to the pub to get a drink!
Mark: Yea I guess we can.
Ed: Yea! I really want to get a drink. Are you up for it, Dan?
Dan: Yea.
Ed: Mark?
Mark: Yea.
Ed: What about you girls?
Me & Ching: Yea, I guess. We don't have classes after this.
We head out. We thought it was just at the student's bar BUT we walked out the Uni area and me and Ching were looking at each other. We then arrived at The Goat, a pub. Just like 3meters away from Uni. LOL! We shared a cider beer, Magners. Ed had a Magners and a Coke (coz he had to drive), Dan had THREE Guiness and a Vodka, Mark had THREE Guiness and a Whiskey with coke. MAN! These people can seriously drink! I shared mine with Ching and I was already red half way through! I wasn't drunk! Just red! =) It was fun though, we got to know them better and we did discuss about our research...in a pub...with drinks...alcohol...Interesting huh?! LOL!
Valentines Day-out!!! Being the single ones, we Chinese-Malaysian girls went out to JD Wetherspoon to have dinner together. Those present was: Ching Yee, FM, Ming Zi, Melissa Ong, Yong Tze and Me =) It is sometimes confusing to have two Melissa but we can still manage it for now =p It was curry day or something like tat so we all (except FM) had curry. I had Chicken Jalfrezi and a glass of single shot Smirnoff (original) with orange juice.

My meal =)
As usual, we took group photo but it is not with me yet so I can't put it up. After that, I went to Tesco to get Strawberry Cheesecake!!! Sinful! Urge for sweet stuff again! I haven't eat it yet though. Just ate an apple =)
That's the apple in my hand =p
Valentines Day-out dressing...LOL!
Have work tomorrow...ERGH! Better get to bed! Peace out~

1 comment:

Yukon Air said...

Babe, do you miss Malaysia now?!

WAKAKKA! Purposely disturb you. =P

Btw, i love the dress. hehe.