Friday 29 February 2008

Food post!...and an accident!

Yesterday I made chicken curry (tikka masala) which is supposed to be spicy but...HAIH!!! When I was shopping for the bottled curry, there were two options: mild or medium spicy. I took the medium one...sadly, all I can taste is tomato and coconut-ish sauce =.=" I added in chicken, carrots, onions and potatoes.
The not-spicy-at-all curry.

Garlic and coriander naan.

Today I semangat sikit...I boiled rice and loads of it (cooking rice is a hassle-need to use rice pot =p). Plan to cook fried rice tomorrow night...LOL! Anyway, the night before I marinade sliced chicken thighs in char siew sauce and chuck it in the fridge. Today I baked it in the oven. OMG!!! Kesedapan!!! LOL! So gonna do it again!

Today's dinner: Char siew chicken, cold tofu, broccoli and white rice.

Boon Choo gave me a Chinese calendar!!! LOL! At last, something Chinesey in my room!


New nail design =p

I feel tired now. So does Ching Yee...she say it is probably because of the excitement we went through in the kitchen. Ching was slicing potatoes (thinly) with a super sharp knife. Suddenly she dropped the knife and jumped around shouting "Oooouch". I was like, "What happened?"...she cut her finger =.= It was a horrifying scene as the blood kept flowing out rapidly! I told her to wash it under the running water while I ran down to the accommodation office to get a plaster. The security guard had a HARD time looking for the plaster =.=" I came back to the kitchen and Ching's finger is still bleeding! It was a serious cut!
We were super horrified!!! When we dress the cut with the plaster, it was still bleeding and the blood was literally spilling out to the tip of her finger! We eeked and shrieked and I decided to consult Steve, our flatmate who's a rugby coach (I supposed he would have some first aid knowledge). He said, "Don't worry, this is not serious...it's not a deep cut". I was like WTF?!?! It is freaking deep! She hasn't stopped bleeding since like 10minutes ago! He took some kitchen towel and asked Ching to apply pressure on the wound till the blood stops. Two and a half hours had passed and her finger is still having period. We do not have any plaster so it is now wrapped in tissue secured with a rubber band. Poor Chinks! LOL! The funniest part is that when both of us were panicky, she said, "I don't know I should laugh or cry now!!!" LOL!

5 comments:

Hwei Ming said...

Adui..tak sakit ka?

and, what is the.. Mild and medium curry bottle?

Isn't Mild and Medium the same?

Lol..

-from the heart- said...

pity ching...
aiyoh Mel, u're in PBSM last time...

Melissa said...

LOL! Mild is a step lower than medium. Of coz it hurts! But her finger was under the VERY cold tap water for like 10minutes...no feeling already. LOL!

The last year I was in PBSM was like in Form 2!!! It's quite some time =p Sides, I dont hav any first aid kit!!!

kuching said...

I think if you in PBSM one month ago also you'll be too panicky to do anything. You were more gaan jeong than me lor. LOL!

Melissa said...

Did you remember the amount of blood gushing out?! HELLO!!! Of coz 'gan jeong' larh!!! LOL!