Saturday 2 February 2008

Drama at work~

Yesterday I had class from 10am in the morning till 4.30pm. Then I had to rush to work for stock take (compulsory for all staff). Based on experiences from previous years, my colleague told us (newbies) that it usually ends about 1am or later. Interesting...! We closed the shop at 8pm but we started scanning ALL the items in the shop at about 7ish. Those customers, ERGH!!! They know you doing something (because we had to stick stickers on the hangers) and they just take a top, stare at it for 10000 minutes, stuck it back at some random stand! Wtf?! Can't see the difference in colour and design?! Gosh! If they understand cantonese, I would say, "Excuse me, jou yea yiu yau tau yau mei!" Direct translation: 'Do things must have head and tail!' LOL! Retail...don't work if you don't have the patience to! I have owh-kay!!! Just wana lepas geram a bit =p Anyway, me and Brianna (the girl who live in Ted Lewis too) got let off at about 10.30pm. AMAZINGLY!!! Everyone else got off at 2.30 am!!! Poor them, I know...LOL! I still have no idea why we were let off so early (I do, kinda, probably coz we are newbie/student/part-timer) but I hope it happens for the accessories stock take on Tuesday. LOL!

Today I went to work feeling part energetic (a lot more energetic than my colleagues =p) as the when-you-throw-at-people-it-can-kill-you scanner took loads of my energy yesterday! It is one heavy and ugly device and we had to scan EVERY piece of clothing in the store with it and you can't sit while doing it because the clothes are all on stands and walls =.= ladders and stools were everywhere...lol this is where I feel blessed for my height. I only used the stool. LOL! Back to my today story, the shop was kind of quiet so time passes by slowly~ The drama of the day:

Lady #1: Can I have a refund for this please.

Me: Sorry but we dont do refunds. You can either exchange this for something else or I can issue you a credit note (piece of paper with cash value).

Lady #1: No! I don't want anything else from this shop. My friend bought this for me but I didn't like it and I am not going to get anything from this shop so I need my money back. This is crazy!

Me: Sorry but this is our company policy...we don't do refunds.

Lady #1: What? What kind of policy is this? By law, if I have the reciept which I do, I can have a refund!

Me: No. There is no law saying so. All Sports World don't do refund.

Lady #1: Get me the manager.

Me: Yea, just wait a second. (Walks to the office to get Rob a.k.a. store manager and came back to tills) Hi, can I help the next customer please?

Lady #2: I want a refund for this pants.

Me: Well, we don't do refunds. You can either exchange it for something else or I can give you a credit note.

Lady #2: But I have a receipt. All shops do refunds...what you mean you don't do refunds?

Me: Yes but...(repeated everything I told to Lady #1)

Lady #1 and #2 were chatting about the 'crazy' company policy and Rob came.

Rob: Yes? What's the problem?

Lady #1: My friend got this for me and...(repeated what she told me) so I want to get a refund.

Rob: Well we don't do refunds according to our company policy unless there is a manufacturing fault.

Lady #1: Oh ok...there is a fault! (opens the shoe box, points at the thread) that is faulty, there is a knot at the thread and I don't like it.

Lady #2: (Shakes head) Give me a credit note for this!

Rob: That is not faulty.

Lady #1: This is crazy! I want my money back! How can I get my money back? Should I stand here and ask everyone if they are paying 40pounds and I exchange the credit note for it?!

Rob: You can do what you want but not here, I have the right to throw you out of the shop. You can do what you want outside the shop but not in the shop.

Lady #1: Alright then, I'm doing it outside the shop then! (snatches the shoebox and stomped off)

Rob: Fine!

~~~~~End of drama~~~~~

I had my eye on two of this Adidas tops. The red one is extra 2pounds and is thicker than the grey one.

A grey and PINK hooded jumper (baggy)

Pros: Love the colour and design, have a bottom to match, totally suitable to wear here!
Cons: Thinner, baggy, not suitable to wear in Malaysia (troublesome to take off when warm).

A red and white hooded, zip-up jacket (fitting)

Pros: Very good material (thick and stretchy), fitting, suitable as jacket in Malaysia.
Cons: No bottom to match, I already have few hooded, zip-up jacket.

What do you guys think? My colleagues all chose one over the other...not telling which one yet =p

The very plain looking cookies I had to make to reduce my going-to-expire supply of butter =p

No comments: