Monday 11 February 2008

Working in Chinatown

Went to Chinatown to help out my extended relatives to run a stall in Leicester Square. I was supposed to arrive at 9am but I reached 9.30am =p LOL! It was freezing cold outside in the wee hours of the morning when I took off. Look at the cars...
Ice-cream car =p
There is a layer of ice on the roof!

I do what I love doing...cam-whore in the tube =p
No, it wasn't embarassing because...


I have the whole carriage to myself! LOL!

Fireworks display No.1 at 2pm.
The fireworks display was right behind our stall. First class view, BABY! LOL! But it hurts my neck because I got to watch the front as well to make sure no one steals =p

Love this...very pretty...no?!

The display was no joke! Look at the smoke after that!~
(Of coz I was choking then!!!)

Manage to snap a picture behind the stall =p
Those jade dangling things are like 5pounds each! So expensive man!

Some of the other stuffs we sold =)

End of fireworks display No. 2 at 4.05pm.

Fireworks display No.3 at 5pm.



Fireworks diaplay No.4 at 6pm.

End of the day: 7.20pm.
My mum sent me this top =) Cute right?! LOL!
After work, our employer for the day bought us dinner at a Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown: Green Dragon Restaurant. We had a very decent Chinese meal with my all time favourite, Sweet and Sour Chicken =p The job wasn't really that bad although it was very very busy like every minute but I really had fun. I meet a new friend too. My colleague for the day, Coco. LOL! Mr. Employer also bought us lunch (techically I bought it but he payed for it). We had a Burger King meal =) My first ever Burger King meal in the UK!!! LOL! Too busy to take a picture. I was munching and selling stuffs =.= I still had fun! LOL! I got paid 60pounds (more than Sports World!!!) for today and I didn't spend on meals =p
After dinner, I walked to the tube sation with Coco and Ying Che. We pass through Chinatown street and they were still selling pasteries!!! Me and Coco got tempted =p Ying Che was like, "Aiyo, sai mm sai hung tou pin, mai tou pin" (Translation: "Aiyo, don't need to buy something where ever you walk to"). LOL! She is a very cute lady =p She wanted to hurry back but we were too busy buying Chinese pasteries =p
Dragon Beard (4 mini pieces).
I called it Golden Dragon Beard...because...it cost me 2.50pounds for just that!!!

I also bought these, from left top: Lou Po Peng, Ham Tan Soh and my LOVELY (and first) egg tart! They were a pound each! *Knife stabs through the heart*

Another biscuit for a pound. This was worth because it was HUGE! LOL! I can't remember what it is called =)
So in total, I spent 6.50pounds during the 8minutes walk to the tube station. LOL! I didn't feel the pain till....now =(

6 comments:

Yukon Air said...

Lou Po Peng!!

MY GOD! LOVE THAT! =P

Melissa said...

U wont love it when u buy it here...LOL! Friggin RM7 for one owh-kay! LOL!

Yukon Air said...

hahaha. sad case.

btw, your blog, macam masuk VIP punya la, need to log in from now on. =P

Aneeqa said...

wahh the top soo soo nice sis~!n thanks for the invitation too~ how come ur blog is private now sis?

Melissa said...

It's private coz my mum thinks my blog skin too 'flashy' LOL! But I like it and tak mau tukar! LOL! So the solution...privatized =)

-from the heart- said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!I love your CNY top!