Saturday 1 November 2008

Back to serving rude customers.

Indeed a bad day!

My second day at work and it's the first day of horrible customer attack. In Enfield, we have a phone by the tills but we are NOT allowed to pick it up. In Brent Cross on the other hand, they have a phone and we MUST pick up. Stupid idea! Thus, my first day of being verbally abused by a b*atch!

I was serving her and she was making the payment. I haven't finish checking her clothes for security tags and the phone rang. She was keying in her code for the debit card so I thought I could pick up the phone first. I picked up and was talking and then she interrupted me saying, "Can I take my clothes now? I'm in a hurry!" and I saw the receipt in her hand (which only comes out after a transaction has gone through) so I said, "Yea yea...sorry to keep you waiting". 5 minutes later my manager came to the tills with the bag of clothes and she was following behind. Fark!

B*atch: "This is ridiculous! I don't have all day you know and I have to come all the way up here! Yea you (referring to me), if you were paying more attention to your work and not talking on the phone you wouldn't have left the tags on! Look look! She left the whole thing there! What is this?!"

Me: *silence with a lil smirk on my face* (because if I was in Enfield, I'd shut her up already)

Manager: "Excuse me, I didn't bring you up here to abuse her verbally. Okay? That's enough. We'll put a stop to it."

B*atch: "No! People will think I'm a thief now! Do you know how embarrassing it is?!"

Manager: "No one called you a thief, okay."

My supervisor stood there like a dunggu and said nothing. He didn't even defend me saying that I had to attend the blardy non-stop ringing phone! Not that I'm judging him but on the very first day he already showed his true colours. Major shoe-licker! He was showing me the shop floor and as he talks to me, his eyes and head was facing the managers (all the time)! Trying to show them that he's "working". No further comment.

As I left the shop, my manager was at the door and he said the customer (the b*atch) came back to the store and insisted that I didn't give her back her card. *MCH-Inappropriate curse phrase*! I told him, if she's got the receipt in her hands means she took the card out! The receipt wouldn't even print if the card is still in the machine! Funniest thing, he told me she went to the point that she demanded to view the CCTV (which we won't allow). Then she went through her purse and took out a card and didn't make further fuss and said to call her after we view the CCTV and left (he thinks it's that card and she is embarrassed to admit her mistake). B*atch!

Then my manager told me my shifts for next week and I'm working 2pm-7pm next Sunday. I told him I can't work pass 4pm. He said if all his staff said that, he would have to shut the door early and tell the customers his staff doesn't want to work in the evening. I know it's a little demanding but...not all (or any) of his staff requested what I requested right?! *blek* Fire me if you like but I think it will be a bad move because I know more than my supervisor (seriously, not bragging!). My supervisor's been working there for only 3months and I can work the till way faster than him. Thanks to Enfield! LOL!

The rest of my Halloween day is spent in my room. Sad.

No comments: