Saturday 11 October 2008

Dinners and Where to draw the line?

Dinner last night:
I wanted to have something spicy =) Tom Yam soup!
With two chicken drumsticks, vege, and rice at the bottom =)
Dinner tonight:
Beef 'mun fan' again =p

I can't help but to write stories again. Bite me! =p
So yea...I was wondering, how much can you trust someone? What is actually trust? Where to draw the line? Well I'm talking about trust in relationships and not other types of trust but if you see the link with other types of trust, good for you! Lol! So yea, where to draw the line? It is so common for people to say 'All you need is to trust him/her', 'Love is about trust', etc. Sometimes you wonder, how much should I trust him?
As much as I would like to trust someone I love, it ain't easy. Definitely not my all! I do try =p but I wouldn't go there. Like I said before in the 'Doubts' post, doubts ARE necessary! Why? It's useful to protect your feelings...it's like your insurance =) When shit happens you got all your good stuff taken away from you and you feel like you're the unluckiest person in the world, you can count your insurance to bring you back up (that's if you insured enough)! Imagine the devastation if you had trust him 100% and he fooled you in the end? Unimaginable! Something I would not want to go through. Then again, I am not saying you should not trust the one you love but know where to draw the line so you won't hurt yourself...emotionally.
I think another factor to consider is the culture. Asians are typically more reserved. They are somewhat avoidant towards taking pictures that are physically in-contact with another person of the opposite sex. Where else, the Westerners do not see it as a problem. It is considered as a friendly gesture. Again, where to draw the line? Facebook is a online community where anyone can post up pictures of them and their friends. So I did a little research =) Yes, generally Westerners are more comfortable with any kind of pictures taken with their friends compared to Asians (who still somewhat have that 'keep your hands with you and I'll keep mine with me' gesture). To me, neither is wrong!
It very much depends on the principles of the individual...if you think it is a 'friendly gesture' to hold someone by the waist and get your picture taken, that is fine. If you think you are brought up in a culture that doesn't promote that kind of gesture, then don't do it! Then again, if you are ATTACHED to someone...THINK TWICE! That is where the commitment issues of a relationship comes in. Remember? Being in a relationship is about TWO INDIVIDUALS collaborating and accommodating each other to make each other happy. It means you both have your own brains! What you think is fine doesn't mean your partner will think that's fine too! You must have the courtesy to 'investigate' if your partner is comfortable with that kind of thing. Troublesome you say? Too bad, you're committed!
In a way, there is one thing you can't control. Your partner cheating on you. If he wants to cheat, he will cheat. He can come up with all kinds of lame excuses to explain where he's been and all you can do is to trust. Where to draw the line? When he start smelling like he's got a girl's perfume all over him! LOL! I'm kidding =p Well I think you really can't control it. No matter how much you trust him, I'm sure another girl will easily turn him on. Human nature! Don't ask why! So if you're fixing yourself up from a breakup; have you passed by guys and said to yourself, 'Damn, he's hawt! Why am I attached?' when you were still attached? See, your EX is not your all! If he could dump you for another, so can you =)
Your friends and him. Where to draw the line? Some people like sharing their friends with their partner but some don't. Pros and Cons. Sharing is caring you say? If you share your friends, I'm sure you'll trust your girls with him. Wait, are you sure you can? LOL! The question is, in reality are they trust-able? For me, I do trust my girls and I know (not think) they won't do such cheap stuff (yea, that's being cheap!). Here's where culture comes in again. From what I've learnt, no matter how close you are with your BFF who's kinda hot (you are always the hottest, love yourself girl! =p), you just can't trust that b*tch! Honey, don't be naive! My friend has got no idea her bf was humping other girls (who are her friends) behind her back! I have my sources =) How sad! Look at all those trust washed away...wasted! Give those trust to your financial planner =p at the end of the day, you'll end up with Gucci and Prada (and BabyPhat/KLS!) instead of empty tubs of ice-cream on your coffee table!
Note:
*I am not putting an disadvantage towards the male community when I used 'him' only and not 'him/her'. It's too long. So, it works both ways but since I'm a female, I'm writing it from a female point of view. No offence!
*BFF=Best Friend Forever
*Managing your finance is very important. Get a financial planner asap! PS: I recommend my mum =p seriously, she's the best! If you're my age and think that talking to my mum is like talking to your mum, you can talk to my brother then =D

No comments: