Friday 3 October 2008

The yeay-booS

To begin my day, I tried searching for my book, 'Fabulosity' on Waterstone website (since WHSmith doesn't have it in yet). Amazingly, there are few branches that have A copy of the hardcover version and one of them was in Enfield Town. So I called up that branch to double confirm *LONGEST CONVO EVER*

Me: Hello! I would like to find out if you have the book 'Fabulosity' by Kimora Lee Simmons?
The Lady: What?! Philosophy?
Me: NO! Fa-bu-lo-si-ty?
The Lady: I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you? The line is choppy?!
Me: Oh okay. Fabulosity as in Finland, America...
The Lady: Finland? Okay...F-I-N...
Me: NO NO NO! F for Finland! Followed by A for America...
The Lady: Oh okay...go on...
Me: F-A, B-U... (pause for some kind of I-got-it signal)
The Lady: *silence*
Me: Hello?!
The Lady: Yes, go on!
Me: Oh okay...L-O-S, I-T-Y
The Lady: Fabulosity?
Me: YES! (like finally?!)
The Lady: And the author is...?
Me: Kimora Lee Simmons, Kimora?
The Lady: The surname please?
Me: Lee as in L-E-E (I don't know if it was Lee or Simmons =p)
The Lady: So it's Kim Lee...
Me: NO NO! Kimora...K-I-M-O-R-A, Kimora Lee.
The Lady: Okay *Typing* Fabulosity by Kimora Lee Simmons? I think we have a copy in stock, let me double check...I'm going to put you on hold for a while.
Me: Yeap, okay thanks! (wishing-praying-wishing)
The Lady: Yes, we have a copy for 14.99. Do you want me to reserve it for you?!
Me: Is it paperback of hardcover?
The Lady: It's Hardcover.
Me: *Jumps and reach for the hidden sun and pull it out back* Yes, please. I will come by tomorrow to get it.
The Lady: Okay. Can I have your surname?
Me: Lim as in L-I-M (Luckily my surname is short and simple!)
The Lady: Okay. All done. Thank you for calling!

Went to Uni for two two-hour lectures. First lecture, too many people till I had to sit right at the back with no table. Nice. Second lecture, OMG! The lecturer...should be a great-grandpa (not kidding), should speak at a normal human hearing threshold, should speak clearer, should know what he is talking about!

Dinner time. I wanted to cook something elaborate but...I have a Malaysian flatmate and that's where the problem comes in. We cook at the same time...Malaysian dinner time. The kitchen is already bum-banging-bum and her friend came over to cook with her. So I decided to make something simple, quick and not stay in the kitchen for so long (coz' their cooking stink my baju!).

Stir-fry mixed vege with ham on rice.
Flatmate's friend: So what are you cooking today?
Me: This is...no name la...my creation =)

Okay I didn't have to blog about this but I just have to! Look at the picture below...
Left sponge: The yellow bit is the normal sponge and the green bit is the roughest sand-paper (that I've ever seen and felt!) kind of scourer.
Right sponge: The green bit is the normal sponge and the white bit is like a loofah.
Which will you use to wash non-stick pan/pots?
-
-
-
-
-
-
I lend my pan to my flatmate and... The before, imagine the pan without any of the silver/white lines! At all!
I told her about it. She said she'll get me a new one. Good! I don't mean to be mean but I can't cook in that anymore because the black coating will start to come off and it will rust! I'm already dying of cigarette smoke every night, this is something I don't need to further affect my health, thankyouvelimuch!
Had to steep a cup of chrysanthemum tea to calm my boiling blood!
Anyway, long post. It's exceptionally cold today. I'm getting my book tomorrow. Yeay!

No comments: