Tuesday 30 October 2007

Honey baked chicken.

Another baking experience. Oven is my friend =) Having left four more pieces of chicken, I decided to cook two today and keep one for tomorrow's lunch or dinner =p I went to get mixed herbs from Tesco just for this recipe! As it was a Monday, I have a full day class with an hour break in between. That one hour break was a rush for me because...I marinated my chicken! LOL! I pop two sultana scones in the oven and grabbed the chicken out from the fridge. I cut the fats and skin away, washed my hands and rushed to the oven to take out the scones. I quickly marinated the chicken with honey, mixed herbs, garlic powder and some black pepper as I fear the scones *masuk angin* and go soft! Then I put the chicken in a bowl, small enough to fit in a recycled apple bag =p I don't have film wrap!!! LOL! Then I proceed to my lunch =) I cut open the scones and sandwich in between butter, strawberry jam and a slice of cheddar cheese. I made English tea to go with it as it will be a little dry =) It was great!

After class, we went out the building and *Eek* the sky was dark! It was only 5.30pm and it is dark! Scary! We walked real fast back to our halls as it was chilly. I showered and went to prepare my dinner as I was already feeling hungry. I baked the chicken with quite an amount of butter (I didn't get oil =p) and more honey =) It was a tough job trying to bake it as the butter heats up and the hot 'oil' flies when I move the chicken around! LOL! I ended up smelling like food when I'm done with cooking it! I boiled rice to go with it and also made long beans (they call it fine beans) and onion omelet.

I forgot to take a picture when it was still in the pan!!! So this is what is left for tomorrow =p

My dinner. I chuck a slice of cheddar on the chicken again =p The honey 'sauce' (more like oil) is nice with rice!

No comments: