Saturday 6 October 2007

Ko-Lee noodles and a JOB!!!

Today was a rather boring day. Woke up late...actually very late. But I was just in time for lunch =p Not really hungry yet so I went out to the kitchen to get the vacuum cleaner. Yes, I used it to vacuum my room. It was very powerful actually and I was impressed! All the visible things were sucked up =p Even sand too! Well I can't see it as the floor was carpeted but I can hear the 'tik tak' sound going through the nozzle. The horrible thing is that the smell that comes out from the vacuum cleaner's ventilation is horrible! It smells like rotten cheese that has been kept in a cupboard for a long time! EWW! Yes, my room was filled with that horrible smell! My room window could only open 2.5 inches gap at most! They screw the windows recently as people was throwing things out from the window and even climbing in and out the window! So the horrible smell was in my room for quite some time! Sick! Then I went out to make lunch. I ate toast with baked beans and scramble eggs with ham and cheese =) The whole day I was in my room working on a new Facebook account and chatting with friends online.

In the evening, Boon Choo, my 'god mother' called me and say she bought the instant noodles for me already! I was like...cool! LOL! So she asked if we can meet up at the campus car park. So I say sure and went to look for Ching and FM. Ching was not back from her day trip to Central London so FM went with me. Then they arrived in their blue Proton Wira (very patriotic =p) and passed us two boxes of instant noodles =p yeap I wanted one whole box because I miss home! LOL! So they parked their car and came out to chat with us. I guess they are lonely as they do not have kids so our conversation was endless in a way. LOL! It was crazily cold too! We talked and talked and a few times the sentence, "Ok, so we'll see you tomorrow then!" was repeated and another topic just came out! LOL! So it was really funny. Then we finally bid goodbye and agreed to meet up tomorrow at 4pm to go to their church concert. It will be fun! We will be staying over at their place after that so will blog about it on Sunday! Then I finally get to go back to my room to get my dinner prepared! I took a picture of it too =p and a picture of the dirty egg stains on the window!!!
~I just got off the phone with a dude I gave my number to regarding a job at a Chinese take-away restaurant! It is kinda cool that I have a job that fast! The sad thing is they only need me to work from 1pm-11.30pm on Tuesdays only and I am being paid 40 pounds for it. It is little!!! When I divide, it is only 3.80 pounds an hour! The minimum wage is 5.15 pounds an hour OK!!! So I'll think about it! What do you think? (Post comments pls) Haih...!

My dinner! Rice, baked beans and Chinese cabbage with carrots =p

The Ko-Lee instant packet noodles =p

The box that I bought! 2.99 pounds! Damn cheap!

The disgusting egg stains!!!

2 comments:

rach p said...

Chinese foooooooooood.. How may I help you?! LOL..

The pay's low for UK standard.. But hey.. since it's only your first job.. quit when you find a better one lorh..

btw.. got english cabbage 1 mehhh?

Melissa said...

Got la! English is the round one lorh! the chinese is the longer version =p