Tuesday 23 October 2007

Post office drama~

Shock of my life!

After group discussion today, I went to the post office with Ching Yee to check out about my undelivered textbook. According to the note, I was not in and the time was 9.30am. It is weird as I went out for class at 10am! Liars! Anyway, they did not realize that they can actually put the parcel at the accommodation office which is what is normally done for over-sized packages. So they just return it to the post office! Swt! I need to take a bus to THAT post office. I decided to ask if they can send the parcel to a post office here, down the road from where I live.

While we were queueing, there's this lady in her mid 20's (I think! They all look young!) started an argument with the post office officer. She was swearing non stop at him and some of the arguments goes:
Officer: "Excuse me, don't shout and swear..."
She: "You're mean. So F- you. You talk to me like I'm a little child!!!"
Officer: "You get out, I don't want to serve you!"
She: (A lot of F- words and swearing and discriminating) "I'll go to another post office. F- you!"
Officer: "You say so many f- word! GET OUT NOW!!!"
She: "I'm getting out...but I'll take my f-ing time to get out. So f- you!"

As she was walking out, they are still verbally abusing each other. It is in fact interesting. The dude in front of me was smiling/laughing!!! The finale~

Officer: "You are a scum! That's what you are!!!"
(The dude in front of us went forward to him)
"Yes, How can I help you?"

Isn't that weird? He changed tone real fast! LOL! It was my turn next and I was so scared he's going to be mean! But he was alright. LOL!

Then we walked back and on the way back, we saw the lady again. She was with two of her friends. All of them have children with them and the lady was carrying a baby...so motherly! LOL! So the culture is real different here. Imagine the interesting things you see daily...LOL! Of course it will still be interesting if you are not directly involved in it! LOL! I'm guessing if something like this happens back home, the police will be involved! LOL!Seriously intense...!

Then I got home and I chat with my Aunt Janet and my mean brother! LOL! My aunt thought me some simple and interesting AND nutritious recipe. Something I need! I have been eating tortellini with broccoli every night for almost a week now and also for this week. It is fattening but it's easy to prepare and yummy =p

No comments: